The Centralized Scheduling department continues to work on creating an easier and more efficient scheduling process for you and your staff. New software available to the medical staff includes a Physician Portal and an updated version of Order Facilitator.
The new scheduling software has several benefits:
- The Physician Portal allows offices to schedule procedures for their patients.
- Order facilitator enables offices to:
- Order procedures electronically as opposed to faxing. This improves the timing on scheduling appointments and provides an audit trail that includes patient status.
- Call and schedule the appointment without having to complete and fax an order. When the scheduler creates the appointment an order is automatically generated. The physician office staff can then log into the scheduling system, verify the order, attach the physicians’ electronic signature and select the send option to return the complete order to DM.
- The patient itinerary is automatically faxed to the physicians’ offices and includes prep instructions, date, time and location of their appointment.
- Same day or next day appointments are available, but require a phone call to 404.501.SCHD (7243).
If you would like to utilize the new scheduling software, please contact Laurey Bryant at 404.272.7245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will make the application available and provide the required training and support.