The DeKalb Medical Emergency Department, on its North Decatur campus, serves more than 60,000 patients every year and those patients are soon to benefit from newer and expanded facilities, thanks to the many donors to the DeKalb Medical Foundation’s Building the Future of Emergency Medicine campaign.
- New and improved intake area for ambulances, which will enable the emergency personnel who bring patients to get back into the field more quickly
- Addition of a radiology room with an x-ray machine to be used exclusively for ED patients
- Addition of 14 new patient care rooms
- Addition of a bereavement room to give loved ones a private, comforting space to grieve
- Implementation of a secured Clinical Stabilization Unit
- Upgraded Nurse Call System
- A redesigned central work station to create an open format and better visualization of patients
Thank you for your patience while we are under construction. The project is being completed in phases between now and December 2017 to avoid any disruption to services.
For more details on our exciting upgrades, visit www.dekalbmedical.org.