The Outpatient Nutrition and Diabetes Education department announces new services offered to patients with Gestational Diabetes. Effective May 1, 2017, you can refer patients to the group Gestational Diabetes classes. For the class schedule, click here: Gestational Class Schedule.
During the group class, your patient’s will learn about:
– Risk factors affecting mother and baby
– Importance and frequency of blood glucose testing and record keeping
– Medications if needed
– How exercise helps to control blood glucose
– Reducing stress for better blood glucose management
– Carbohydrate counting, label reading, and meal planning
Please provide a prescription for a blood glucose meter and testing supplies to your patient before they schedule their education class and encourage them to bring the meter to their Gestational Diabetes Education group class.
Contact the Nutrition and Diabetes department for more information at 404-501-1790 ext. 3 (phone) 404-501-1773 (fax).