Meaningful Use Stage 3 is now requiring providers to reconcile (“Approve”) the patient problem list on all inpatients. This only needs to be done once per visit.
- After you have added a new patient problem and/or reviewed the current problems on the list, click on the “Approve Pt. Problem List” icon in the toolbar.
- Approving or reconciling the patient problem list can also be done in the following electronic notes under either the “Coded Medical or Surgical History” or “Diagnosis/Procedures” section:
- Hospitalists H&P
- Hospitalists Consult Note
- Hospitalists Discharge Summary
- Physician H&P
- Physician Consult Note
- Physician Discharge Summary
- No matter which way you approve the patient problem list, once you have clicked the icon it will then be grayed. If the icon is grayed out – it has been completed.